Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Diet Again

My problem with dieting is that I have absolutely no will-power. How I ever lost 65 lbs. is beyond me. I need to somehow get back into the mindset I had then. Over the weekend, I tried to think of things I did differently then from what I am doing now. One of them was that I was going to my Weight Watchers meetings on Monday nights. I think by doing that, it kept me more accountable through the weekend. So, I "rejoined" WW last night. It had been so long since I had been that I had to fill the paperwork out again.

Of course, my first weekend of doing this is going to be challenging. Saturday night, we are going to some friends house for a Cinco de Mayo dinner. You know what that means......Mexican food, which is a huge weakness of mine. Luckily, the main course is tacos, which is good because they are 1) pretty low in WW points, and 2) not a big a big temptation for me to overindulge. My biggest challenge will be the chips and salsa/queso. Sunday night, we are going to the home of some old friends of ours from Ft. Worth who now also live in Houston. I am not sure what we are eating there, but maybe we will just have burgers and I can take my own Boca Burger. LOL

Last summer, they had this very cute Ralph Lauren halter top at Dillards, but it was over $100, so I didn't buy it. But, I would go back to check on it every couple of weeks and I told myself if it got down to 50% off, I would buy it. It did and I bought it, but I bought the size I "should" have been in by now, so it is sitting in my closet because it is too small. That should give me incentive right there!

Please wish me luck and keep your fingers crossed!

3 comments:

Toni said...

Good luck, Kristy, with WW!! I started my dieting again yesterday. We can be diet buddies :)
Love, Toni

Kristy said...

OK Toni, you got it!

Chas said...

I'm doing *ok* relatively speaking on my eating, it's just the exercising that I need to get back to. I've taken a month off. ...sigh...